Thursday, April 17, 2014

SciFi and Diverse Positions

This weeks reading gave me the heebie jeebies.  Dawn was about a woman who essentially becomes an experiment for these people.  Constantly being woken up, being experimented on, and then being put to sleep for a while again...the cycle constantly continued.  They treated her like a slave- refusing to even give her clothing.  She would wake up and scars on her, not knowing where or how she got them...or what they did.  It was awful...and it reminded me of society's terrible past.

In class, we read Blood Child which was a super weird story and the end was borderline bestiality to me...I mean, I know she could talk and was kinda like a "human"...but he body sounded like a tentacle insect and their morals were so skewed and barbaric that it just seemed wrong.  HE DID IT WITH A WEIRD INSECT THING! Grossness aside though, I thought I was going to read a "normal" story until they were talking about how they were drinking eggs and getting drunk off of them.  I was fine with the idea of men giving birth, but I didn't like the idea of it being larva...and it kinda exploding men almost.  It was gross...so gross man.

P.S. I brought this anime up in class, but this weeks theme reminded me of Suisei no Gargantia!  You find out in the end that the aliens humanity had been fighting for hundreds of years was actually humans who chose to evolve so that they could survive the end of the world and relocate to outer-space.


No comments:

Post a Comment