Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sci-Fi Satire

We started off the class with Idiocracy, I've heard of it before but never seen it.  It was funny but a bit scary at the same time; sometimes I think our society is headed in that direction...which is terrifying.  I just think our generation doesn't care about the important things in life and their morals are very skewed.  Some people can't even cook packaged Ramen...HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO COOK RAMEN???  The people of Idiocracy probably wouldn't know how to cook it either...

I really loved The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.  We have all these "How To" books out there, but it's funny when the subject is something we've never experience/will never experience.  I've always loved outer-space; I use to want to become an astronomer, and I still haven't given up on my dream of traveling to outer-space.  The idea of exploring galaxies, encountering different creatures, and not having earth to return to is both an exciting and terrifying concept.  I told myself I wouldn't bring up anime this time, but I can't not bring up Space Dandy!  The anime studio was definitely inspired by Hitchhiker's Guide.  The anime is about Dandy, an alien hunter, and his space travels.  He has two comrades, Nya (a cat-like alien), and his personal cleaning robot, QT.  They spend their days attempting to catch rare aliens to make ends meet, usually failing, and going to the space bar called Boobies...a bar filled with cute waitresses who are quite dumb and have nice "boobies".  They show is really funny- watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment