Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The New Weird

When Cabin in the Woods came out, I recall being unable to see it- everyone raved about it on facebook and I just rolled my eyes and said " just focus on your work, Allie".  I bought the movie over the weekend and finally got to see it.  I don't know if I felt the same way as everyone else honestly...the movie made me feel...weird.  It kept to a lot of the same story elements that most horror movies cover (ex: The jock/promiscuous girl die first/the people having sex die first).  Later in the story they begin to almost mock the horror stereotypes (ex: zombies...redneck zombies).  By the end I felt they were completely making fun of it upon showing all the glass cases with different types of monsters and ghouls.  Wasn't there even a unicorn?  Any who, sometimes I was scared and sometimes I laughed.  The movie definitely played with my emotions to say the least. 

As for the ending, I don't know how I felt about it.  I was overjoyed that a character finally "solved" the mystery- but then I was upset that they died (and that the rest of the world was going to die from the giant god guy). 

No comments:

Post a Comment